3D Printing is a great activity for people of all ages, but it can be particularly rewarding for kids. They can use 3D modelling software to design the things they imagine and then make those items real with a 3D printer. Or, they can use a 3D printer to print out items that can enhance their current activities.
Below you’ll find multiple classroom ideas focused on demonstrating the synergistic power of software and hardware used to solve real world problems with a real world prototype solutions.
Structured Classroom Activities
Structured Projects For Camp
- Design A Useful 3D Print With a 2 Liter Soda Bottle
- Design A Useful 3D Print With a 16 oz Bottle
- Design A Useful 3D Print With a Pringles Can
- Design A Useful 3D Print With a Cork
- Design a Useful 3D Print By Repurposing a Penny
Blog Posts and Articles
- Yoyo Patterns from Microsoft (Thingiverse)
Educational Video Series Resources
- Video 2 – Shock and Awe
- Video 3 – Design Software